Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Seasons Greetings.

XRONIA POLLA
Is the classic Greek greeting for days like these, meaning "Many Years"

Hello there I wish you all of the best for this Festive season and may you all have many, many more with your loved ones!
Yes. I have neglected you all these past weeks, yes these weeks have been difficult and I was not feeling up to much....and yet life is such that in amongst the sorrow we also have joy....
My little Grand-son celebrated his 1st birthday, I saw my brother after 2 years...he needed to sort out some of my late Dad's affairs.....No, I did not put up our tree, I did however take out my Nativity figurines and some angels....and no the JYC journal is not up to date....mojo out the window!!

However, my daughter Raphaella had asked for a journal for Christmas, so that she can take with her to South Africa, she left today for a 5 month Patisserie course at Prue Leith so I had to pull myself toward myself and get cracking!!

I made Raphaella her journal and a workstation,with drawers for little notes, tags or photos, a holder for a pen and pencil and a place to keep her journal.
I used papers from Nectar Creations for the journal, they are digital and are designed by my sweet friend Nektaria.
I made this project in a big rush, so I did not have time to go and print the papers in a 30cm x30 cm format, so as to cover the folio as a result I married 2 sheets of IOD papers with the Memoirs Journal Kit.
The floral paper on the spine is IOD designs. Details of custom dyed seam binding.
 
 
 
Here is a video of the project...shot on my ipad....so please excuse the narrow format (it irritates me!)
 

That is all for today...keep well, savour the sweet family moments that these days bring....and hopefully I will be back  with a L.O. or two of Nino's birthday party and of Christmas.
God Bless.
Zeffy

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning journal and workstation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Zeffy! and yes this is such a busy season of the year, and I do hope you found some happy moments to treasure in the midst of it all.. take care and all the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I love the journal, it looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zeffy, my sympathies on the loss of your father. How blessed your family is that you are so talented so that memories are not only stored in their hearts, but you weave them into your tangible creations, as well. The journal you made for your daughter is something she will treasure forever! May God bless and keep her safe on her journey, and you, too, as you continue yours. Darnell #53

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special gift. I am sure she is going to love using it. Christmas is always the hardest time of the year when you have lost someone close. Hugs from Cape Town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ειναι απιστευτο!!!καταπληκτικο!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!Love it!!!the papers of Nectar are very romantic and beautiful...we all miss your lives...take care and have a beautiful 2013!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Zeffy! What a beautiful journal you made for your daughter. I wish her all the best in SA!!I am hoping for the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sensational! I bet she adores it and will fill it with treasures and memories.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete