Monday, November 1, 2010

Its almost Christmas.

Hi there  Friends.
I wish you all a very good month...
I was very honoured when Irini from Get Creative asked me to be the Guest Designer  for November. And the challenge for this half of the month was to make a Christmas Card.
I have always said that for commercial purposes to make Christmas more attractive to all Christ has been taken out of the picture so we have the word Xmas....and X can be all sorts of other things.
So when Irini asked me to make a card I started looking for a picture of the birth of Christ....thats whats its all about!!
I decided to draw onto our rich Orthodox heritage  and make a card depicting the Nativety  of Christ.
I had a sketch that the Nuns at the Monestry of the Dormition of theTheotokos in Panorama, Thessaloniki gave me, they use these big sketches 20x30 for  their iconography classes. So I scanned and shrunk it down to 10x15 and then printed it on matt photo paper.


Once I printed my image I coloured the halos with gold paint. For the patterned paper I used Graphic45 Renaissance Faire Collection, Awakening and for the solids I used Core Color Core'dinations. The little title is stamped and heat embossed with gold.
I wish you all a very creative November...its going to be a busy month!!!
I will be streaming on USTREAM on Wednesday evening at 21H00.I will be making Christmas tags.Join me.
Talk again later..
love Zeffy.

5 comments:

  1. Υπέροχηηηηηη!!! Σε ευχαριστώ για όλα όσα μου προσφέρεις (και ίσως δεν το ξέρεις!!!)

    Φιλιά

    ReplyDelete
  2. υπέροχη η κάρτα σου τελεια η ιδέα σου!!!
    θα προσπαθήσω να σε δω!! φιλάκια!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. τελεια! από τις πιο αγαπημένες προκλήσεις!!
    πρωτότυπη η κάρτα με την εικόνα!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Υπεροχη καρτα, αν και συνηθως φτιαχνω ποιο μοντερνες καρτες, αυτη με αγγιξε..

    ReplyDelete